Become a Broadcast Assistant with London Times Radio
An outstanding graduating senior or master's student will work for 4-6 weeks in London
as a broadcast assistant for the new radio venture begun by the renowned London Times.
They will join a fast-paced newsroom at an energetic media outlet. Airfare and other
basic accommodations are provided as part of the program.
4-6 Week Paid Internship
- Pitch news-based ideas for interviews and discussions
- Conduct research and book guests
- Assist with production tasks
- Create exceptional news pieces with impact
- Develop ideas for future shows
Candidates should be passionate about the news and speech radio, have an ear for great
audio, and be a creative thinker who can come up with new ideas.
Applications are reviewed and finalists selected by a committee of SoCJ faculty. The
finalists' applications are sent to editors at Times Radio, who make the final decision.
Application Deadline: TBD for Spring 2024
- Cover letter explaining why you want the internship
- Audio, video and/or writing samples
- Detailed explanation of your experience using social media and any promotions you
Applicants must have a valid passport and be at least 21 years old by June 1.
Email your documents to Prof. Sarah Baxter and Prof. George Giokas.